Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday Archives #32: Hand Quilting & Heirloom Quilts

Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! 
(Check over in my right margin for the list of  our October themes)

Val's Quilting Studio
This week is all about skimming through those archives and finding quilts that showcase your HAND QUILTING/STITCHING & HEIRLOOM QUILTS. I found a wonderful archives to highlight today and hope both Teje and Tonya grab a highlight button for your blog:
Val's Quilting Studio

HAND QUILTING/STITCHING:

Our Finnish friend Teje, who lives in Greece and blogs at Nero's Post and Patch always inspires me with her beautiful HAND QUILTING. (Just know Teje, I had the hardest time selecting which quilt to highlight.)  Here's a peek at Teje's Baby Steps Quilt.
 It really showcases her hand quilting well: 


Annnndddd I always love visiting Tanya Quilts in CO. Blog to see how she uses HAND STITCHING to add the most adorable features to her quilts like she did on this playful baby quilt:  


HEIRLOOM QUILTS: 

I'm a first generation quilter. My Aunt was a quilter, and she supported my desire to learn to quilt some twenty years ago as she bought me my first rotary cutter, mat and manual. But we never got to sew together. I will forever treasure this quilt she made for our youngest daughter's birth:

7 comments:

  1. so good to see what bloggers I do not follow are up to. Love the baby one, have one to make myself and rather like the idea of the embroidery on plain blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Val, for showing my baby quilt! It was really fun to create that pattern and I enjoy always hand stitiching. I hope everyone would try hand quilting because it's much more easier and quicker than we expect. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet creations you featured here and your heirloom quilt is so pretty! Thanks for this party Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I linked my Dresden in the wrong one...first time at this party ( though not your blog ) so I got confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a first generation quilter too actually but hopefully I'll pass that on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt! I am actually a first generation quilter too. My mom sewed clothes and crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always showcase such beautiful quilts.

    The quilting gene skipped a generation in my family. My grandmother was a big quilter, my Mom and Aunt, not at all.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...