Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fun Run!

I love Saturdays especially during the Spring. Today we headed out early for my elementary school's Second Annual "Run with a Cop""and "Catch the Teach"  Fun Run!! 
The more serious runners were busy with the 5K, but my husband ran/walked with a bunch of little ones for their mile run/walk. I laughed when he commented: "Those kids talked the whole time! How do you stand it all day!" LOL!! Meanwhile, I was busy walking as fast as I could...unfortunately, all my students enthusiastically "caught up" with and passed me! They were all patiently waiting for me at the finish line with hugs and in anticipation of their promised Popsicle if they beat me!

Here's a pic of me with my cooperating teacher & our "quick" second graders that showed up for the event. (Sorry for the blurry pic...race days are like that!)  
More good news, you'll notice my cooperating teacher is just a few years older than my own children. Well, he and his wife are expecting their first baby in December!! I'm already thinking: receiving blankets, quilts, burp rags. I'm so happy for them. Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I'll be working on the most beautiful embroidered top I've been commissioned to quilt. I'll be sure to check in and share my progress..
With smiles!
Val:)


8 comments:

  1. Well, the kids caught the teach! I am sure you may not be living that down for the remainder of the school year! You'll get 'em next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I love 5K races with walkers of all ages! What a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful event, sounds like fun was had by all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! Kids are just the best!! Enjoy your Popsicle party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those kind of community events. Can't wait to see the embroidered quilt top you know how I love that embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess you had to shell out for some popsicles! My walk/run is bent over, and no Ks involved, right now. Hoping for a finish of that soon.
    Thanks for the smiles!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for you! Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...