Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Making progress...

 Feels good to have this all put together: 
I've never appliqued a quilt before. I'm learning alot as I figure out how to overlap pieces and handle it as it gets increasingly larger.  This assembly took me about two hours Sunday. I had to sew the panels, match  and pin overlapping pieces  But it's exciting right! I LOVE it!!! 

Andddd....

I'm only eight blocks away from putting my full size scrappy quilt top together!!! There's something rewarding about seeing a "pile" of blocks grow like this! Tomorrow is my last day teaching summer school, thus it is my goal to have this top put together and on the quilting frame by the weekend! Yahooo!!!

I'm soooo looking forward to having these two pieces  together in our guest bedroom. I actually think once I get the scrappy quilt finished, I'm going to hang the applique "work-in-progress" in the bedroom so I can enjoy it as it "grows"...especially since it's a block of the month and won't be completed until the beginning of the New Year. 

Well, I hope you're getting into your sewing room during these warm/hot afternoons and that your time is productive.

With Smiles,
Val:)

PS: THANKS girls for commenting on my blog!!! 

2 comments:

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...